Starting July 2023
For almost 60 years, The Gateway School has transformed the lives of bright children who experience academic difficulty as a result of language-based learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia, reading and writing disorders), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), executive function disorder, or auditory processing difficulties. Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, Gateway enrolls approximately 150 students between the ages of 5-14. In small classes with a low student-to-teacher ratio, faculty and therapists meet students where they are, individualize instruction accordingly, and develop them into skilled, strategic, independent learners who are capable of advocating for themselves and who are prepared to transition into mainstream school and life.
We seek a highly skilled, experienced professional to provide administrative support to the Head of School and Board of Trustees. The Assistant will answer, screen, and respond to Head of School’s telephone calls and troubleshoot issues and inquiries; compose, proofread, edit and prepare correspondence and other written documents; maintain Head of School’s calendar and organize meetings; and provide routine daily administrative support. The Assistant will schedule all Board of Trustees meetings, coordinate all logistical arrangements and prepare Board related documents. Additional responsibilities managing student transportation; supporting arrival, dismissal and attendance; supporting the Director of Human Resources; and coordinating the preparation of the annual forms required of parents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of related administrative experience required; experience with independent schools a plus
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong administrative, organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail (including proofreading) and follow-up skills
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities without compromising quality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, maintain confidentiality, and effectively interact with students, parents, staff, and trustees
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, diversity, equity, and/or inclusion work
This is a 12 month a year, full-time position. Salary range is $70,000 – $80,000. Competitive compensation package includes generous paid time off. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: Posting150@gatewayschool.org and indicate the position of interest in the email subject line. The Gateway School is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, age, disability (including pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, familial or caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health decisions, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, criminal history, arrest record, veteran or military status (disabled, recently separated and other protected and armed forces services veterans), or any other characteristic protected by law.