For the 2018-2019 School Year
We seek a part-time Music/Creative Drama Teacher to teach general music/creative drama classes for Lower School students, ages 5-10, and general music/choral/instrumental classes for Middle School students in grades 5 to 8. Small classes, high teacher/student ratio, and a nurturing setting are hallmarks of our program. The ideal candidate will have related teaching experience, vocal/piano, and creative drama skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Education or related field required
- Master’s degree in Music Education or related field preferred
- A minimum of two years of related teaching experience
- Independent school and special education teaching experience preferred
- Training in Orff or Kodaly preferred
- Vocal training and piano accompaniment proficiency
- Music therapy experience a plus
- Effective classroom management, communication, and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and joining a creative, devoted team of educators
- Experience integrating music lessons with academic curriculums
The Gateway School offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive professional development program. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and two reference letters. Please submit by email to Posting160@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.