The Gateway Lower School, serving students ages 5-10, seeks an experienced School Counselor (psychologist, social worker or guidance counselor) to support and guide our students with their academic and social development. The School Counselor leads social development groups, participates in the admissions process, works closely with students and families, represents students at CSE meetings, and collaborates with teachers, specialists and administrators. The ideal candidate possesses counseling and classroom teaching skills for the delivery of Gateway’s Social Development curriculum, and a passion for working with young children.
- Graduate degree in clinical psychology, counseling, social work or a related field.
- Active New York Licensure or Certification in one of the following required: Licensed Psychologist or Certified School Psychologist; Licensed Social Worker or Certified School Social Worker; or Certified Guidance Counselor.
- Three years of related work experience, which includes experience with learning disabled students and their families preferred
- Independent school experience preferred
- Flexibility, a desire to collaborate, and strong oral and written communication skills
The Gateway School offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive professional development program. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and two reference letters. Please submit by email to Posting135@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.