For the 2018-2019 School Year
The Gateway Lower School, serving students ages 5-10, is seeking nurturing and collaborative individuals with a Special Education and Early Childhood/Elementary background to join our teaching team. The Assistant Teacher supports the Head Teacher in the development and implementation of instruction in all subjects. The position involves daily collaboration with the Head Teacher and other professionals. The ideal candidate has worked with students with learning disabilities, and is eager to learn from an experienced team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Master’s degree in Special Education, or enrollment in a Master’s program, preferred
- Training in and experience teaching using Preventing Academic Failure, Teaching Basic Writing Skills, Stern Math and/or Singapore Math preferred
- Independent school teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the cognitive, linguistic, and developmental needs of elementary students
- Strong communication and organizational skills
The Gateway School offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive professional development program. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and two reference letters. Please submit by email to Posting135@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.