For over 50 years, The Gateway School has transformed the lives of bright children who experience academic difficulty as a result of language-based learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia, reading and writing disorders), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), executive function disorder, visual-spatial or auditory processing difficulties, and/or gross and fine motor coordination issues. Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, Gateway will expand in 2019-2020 and enroll 210 students between the ages of 5-14. In small classes with a low student-to-teacher ratio, faculty and therapists meet students where they are, individualize instruction accordingly, and develop them into skilled, strategic, independent learners who are capable of advocating for themselves and who are prepared to transition into mainstream schools.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Database Associate is the primary contact for all database, research, and statistical analysis needs within the school that pertain to Marketing and Fundraising. This individual will work primarily within the Senior Systems Alumni/Development and Registrar modules to maintain and update constituent data.
- Serve as the school’s Senior Systems liaison with the IT Department, Admissions Office, Business Office, Lower and Middle School Directors, and Advancement Office.
- Coordinate with the IT Department to perform database maintenance, global updates, and integration with all Senior Systems modules on a regular basis.
- Perform data entry and manage the data entry process to ensure that accurate, updated, and relevant information is maintained.
- Process and record all gifts, pledges, and pledge payments to the school. Ensure timely entry of all gifts into Senior Systems Alumni/Development Module.
- Generate and send gift acknowledgments and pledge reminders.
- Design and implement database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports, and lists.
Research and Analysis
- Conduct research to support the school’s ongoing marketing effort, as requested.
- Analyze student assessment data to support the school’s ongoing marketing effort,
- Assist with preparing surveys, interpreting the results, and preparing summary reports.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of work experience involving data entry, database management, financial data, and report generation. Senior Systems experience preferred.
- Comfort in working with high-level donors, prospects, faculty, and volunteers
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings
This is a 12-month a year, full-time position. Competitive compensation package includes generous paid time off. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements, to: Posting140@gatewayschool.org. The Gateway School is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, age, disability (including pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, familial or caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, criminal history, arrest record, veteran or military status (disabled, recently separated and other protected and armed forces services veterans), or any other characteristic protected by law.