For the 2018-2019 School Year
The Gateway Middle School, serving 5th to 8th grade students, seeks candidates who are enthusiastic about joining a collaborative teaching team, participating in curriculum development, overseeing the academic and social growth of a group of advisees, and assisting in school life generally. The English Language Arts teacher will join our Middle School team as a teacher and homeroom advisor, leading two ELA groups. The ideal candidate will be an experienced teacher with a background in English Language Arts, Elementary Education, and/or Secondary Education and a commitment to teaching students with language-based learning disabilities.
- Master’s degree in Special Education or Education required
- Bachelor’s degree in Childhood Education or English preferred
- A minimum of two years of experience teaching students age 8 or older
- Independent school and special education teaching experience preferred
- Training in and/or experience teaching using Preventing Academic Failure and Teaching Basic Writing Skills preferred
- Effective classroom management, communication and organizational skills
- Experience implementing multisensory, explicit instruction
The Gateway School offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive professional development program. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and two reference letters. Please submit by email to Posting125@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.