There is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in growing Gateway’s mission. We seek an experienced communications professional to manage all aspects of the school’s internal and external communications. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Associate Director of Communications assists with the development and implementation of a strategic marketing program with a multi-faceted approach to communications and maintains the School’s standards for all written communication.
- Develop and refine school-wide communication and marketing/branding strategies to insure that all communications are consistently reflecting the school’s mission and effectively reaching the intended audiences.
- Oversee and manage the print and digital communications with internal and external constituencies including parents, faculty, trustees, referring professionals and other educators, prospective families and donors.
- Manage all external communications, both the content and vehicle, including but not limited to weekly updates on school events and activities, letters, announcements, website design and content, search engines, landing pages, social media postings, newsletters, pamphlets, and brochures.
- Develop content and work with outside designer and printer to produce school publications such as the Annual Report of Giving.
- Write and develop collateral materials for fundraising and admissions purposes.
- Develop written materials for Head of School and program administrators as needed.
- Serve as the school’s media and communications liaison, develop relationships with local media outlets to respond to inquiries and secure coverage for school events.
- Coordinate photography and videotaping of school activities and events. Produce ad hoc video projects and manage creation of materials produced by consultants.
- Identify opportunities to support school-wide initiatives and develop communications materials to promote these activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of related Internet and social media-based marketing, communications or public relations experience.
- Skilled in the creation of visual and written content for digital and print publications including outstanding writing skills and layout and design proficiency.
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
- Proven project management skills and ability to oversee production of print and digital communications given tight deadlines.
- Collaborative team player with exemplary organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database management and software; familiarity with Senior Systems a plus.
This is a 12 month a year, full-time position. Competitive compensation package includes generous paid time off. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements to Posting140@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in email subject line. The Gateway School is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.