Our dynamic, fast-paced Admissions Office seeks an Admissions Assistant to support the Director of Admissions.
- Serve as the primary contact for all admissions inquiries. Answer phone calls and emails, schedule tours and applicant visits, and serve as a guide to the admissions process for prospective families. Speak knowledgeably about The Gateway School and our program.
- Organize and maintain electronic/paper files. Maintain database of applicant information. Generate reports as needed to provide information about applicant numbers and demographics, as well as track application statuses.
- Greet visiting students and families upon arrival for screenings, tours, and open houses. Coordinate student ambassadors for open houses and screenings.
- Assist with school events such as open houses, visits, and special events. Order food and manage logistics for outside meetings and events. Tour school visitors; familiarize guests with facilities.
- Coordinate all enrollment and re-enrollment contracts.
- Serve as an ambassador for The Gateway School in interacting with other schools, consultants, visitors, and applicant families.
- Interact with the Business and Advancement Offices to coordinate efforts and distribute pertinent information.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of related work experience preferred. Experience in an independent school setting preferred.
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) required. Experience with educational software (e.g., Senior Systems) strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and great attention to detail.
- Experience with specialized school settings, learning disabilities, or learning specialists preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise independent judgment, and effectively interact with students, parents, and staff.
- Team-oriented, with ability to multi-task and willingness to pitch in as needed.
This is a 12 month a year, full-time position. Competitive compensation package includes generous paid time off. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements, to Posting155@gatewayschool.org and indicate position of interest in email subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of The Gateway School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.